The Attraction Safety Team at Westlakes Engineering carry out in-service and pre-use checks on theme park attractions at some of the largest theme parks for in the world including Blackpool Pleasure Beach, LEGOLAND and Universal Studios Singapore.
The team was originally formed in 1986 at the consulting engineers Allott and Lomax and has grown to become one of the world’s leading ride reviewing and inspection bodies. The team continued to grow and build its reputation through projects such as the Pepsi Max Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and the London Eye. The team joined Westlakes Engineering in 2015, where they now operate out of the Manchester Office. Since joining Westlakes they have worked on many projects in the UK and internationally, travelling amongst other places to the USA, Japan, South Africa and Australia.
The Attraction Safety Department at Westlakes is:
• Accredited by UKAS as a type ‘C’ registered inspection body in compliance with BS EN 17020:2012.
• Registered with the Amusement Device Inspection Procedures Scheme (ADIPS) which operates in the UK.
• Registered as a Qualified Surveyor under the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department (EMSD) in Hong Kong.
• Registered as Conformity Assessors under the Building Constriction Authority (BCA) in Singapore.
• Able to provide approval and certification throughout the world to various suites of technical standards including EN, DIN, JIS, GB and ASTM.
The team provide a full range
of services for clients including:< Back to services