Graduate Structural/Civil Engineer – Manchester
We are currently seeking a Graduate Structural/Civil Engineer to join our team in Manchester
You will be involved in the following work:
• Third party design review for new rides prior to install at various locations across the country and around the world
• Annual inspection of rides across the country and around the world
• Assisting with, or carrying out, site inspections (both annual and initial installations)
• Working in a team with experienced engineers and technicians
• Coordinating with other engineers in the team with complimentary disciplines to organise work
• This is a full-time, permanent position, normally based in our office in Manchester’s Northern Quarter.
• Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, at 2.1 or above on an ICE or IStructE accredited course.
• An interest in roller coasters and amusement rides
• A willingness to travel
• Relevant work experience is desirable but not essential as training and support will be provided.
• A desire to progress towards Chartered Engineer Status.
Skills & Behaviours
• Some knowledge of current design standards and industry practice.
• A basic proficiency in related IT, i.e. knowledge of MS Office packages and some experience of using software for ICE or engineering analysis, design or drawings.
• A desire to learn and be challenged
• Good numerical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
• A planned and organised approach to work and meeting deadlines
What we offer you
• An excellent career with a competitive salary
• Exciting and varied project experience
• Support to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
• 24 days holiday plus additional holiday purchasing scheme
• Employer pension contributions
• Life Assurance cover
• Cashback medical cover
• Collaborative, intelligent and friendly team
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to ASTM@westlakes.co.uk quoting reference Vacancy – Graduate Structural/Civil Engineer Manchester 2023