We recruiting Civil Structural Engineers to join our team in Whitehaven
We are currently providing the CS&A works for major projects at Sellafield and have forecast a steady flow of workload.
We are looking to recruit Engineers to strengthen our team at Whitehaven. If your experience doesn’t meet the criteria below but you are interested in pursuing an Engineering career with us, send your CV and we may be interested in having an informal chat with you.
- Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Civil and Structural Engineering.
- Chartered or Incorporated Membership Engineer (ICE or IStructE) or progressing towards Chartered Engineer Status.
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience according to grade.
- A flexible attitude to the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
- Familiarity with current design standards and current practices.
- Good working knowledge of design software packages (e.g. STAAD Pro & Revit)
- Previous experience in Tedds
- Previous experience in the Nuclear industry
- Previous experience in British Standards
- A background in Steel and Reinforced Concrete Design and Assessment.
- Lead medium sized teams on technically complex projects
- Working as part of a team of engineers on technical design work including Checking, Approval, providing advice and assisting with Technical Directors to deliver work packages
- Developing graduate engineers by offering support and advice
- Working with our design team to produce relevant civil and structural design information
- Based at our Head Office at Whitehaven, you may be required to travel to other company and client sites as necessary
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Hours are flexible, but with core hours of 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday.
What we offer you
- An excellent career with a competitive salary (subject to qualifications and experience.
- Exciting and varied project experience
- Support and training to develop your career through professional accreditation
- 24 days holiday plus additional holiday purchasing scheme
- Employer pension contributions
- Life Assurance cover
- Cashback medical cover
- Rewards scheme offering discounts on shopping, cinema tickets, theme parks and gyms
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference Whitehaven Engineer Vacancy – November 2019