We believe that people are our greatest assets and that through them we can continue to deliver the very best service to our clients.
Across the business we invest heavily in the growth and development of all our employees through comprehensive training and regular appraisal. We encourage open communication at all levels as a foundation for creativity and an inspirational working environment.
Current Vacancies – Posted 15th December 2017
Westlakes Engineering Limited (WEL) are a CS&A design consultancy, working on projects in many sectors including commercial and nuclear. We are an award-winning SME (NCE SME of the year, 2017), which has continued to increase in number across our 3 offices in the North West of England. We pride ourselves on delivering successful work and being able to react to our client’s needs at short notice. We intend to continue to support the growth of our offices by developing our staff, and ensuring we recruit future employees that demonstrate the right quality and work ethic.
WEL are currently looking for positions for their head office in Whitehaven, Cumbria (approximately 5 miles from the Lake District). Descriptions for some positions are described below, however other positions are welcome to enquire. Staff or contract may apply, but staff would be preferred. Projects are likely to include structural work associated with the nuclear industry and commercial work, which may include both infrastructure, structural buildings and bridges.
WEL are looking for an engineer aiming to progress towards chartership (with either the IStructE or ICE) with at least 2 years of post graduation experience. We provide mentoring towards chartered status.
The candidate will require a flexible attitude to the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given. The role will involve working as part of a team of engineers on technical design works. Working with our design team to produce relevant civil and structural design information.
We are looking for a chartered Engineer (ICE or IStructE) with at least ten years relevant post-graduation experience. Experience in steel and reinforced concrete design and assessment would be preferable. Experience in timber and masonry are desirable, but not essential. Previous experience in the nuclear industry is desirable, but not essential. The candidate will require a flexible attitude to the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
The candidate’s responsibilities would include:
– Leading medium sized teams on technically complex projects.
– Working as part of a team of engineers on technical design works including Checking, Approval, providing advice and assisting with technical directors to deliver work packages.
– Developing our graduate engineers by offering support and advice.
– Working with our design team to produce relevant civil and structural design information
Additional for all positions
– Travel to other company and client sites may be necessary
– Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
– Hours are flexible, but with core hours of 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday.
– Pay negotiable.
– Westlakes Engineering are keen to develop all of their staff and would be interested in any suggestions you have for your personal development
Interested candidates for all positions should apply to Jane Elision and include your CV email@example.com quoting reference JE/Vacancy/2017-01
We are always looking to talk with people who share our values and work ethic. If this could be you, please contact us to discuss your current skills and future ambitions.
In particular, if you are a Graduate Engineer, Engineer, Lead Engineer or Principal Engineer and would like to discuss any potential opportunities with us, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference Current Vacancies, it will be reviewed and somebody will contact you to discuss.